Rotary Club of Sebastopol Social Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mete Senocak

Our caterer Empty Our caterer

Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:21 pm
I'm wondering how our caterer is doing financially, considering the lately cancelled lunch meetings.
I've read on one of the online forums suggesting to place an order at a shop you want to support, get a voucher and use it later when things get back to normal. I think it's a great idea in terms of helping some businesses to survive these devastating times. At least just to cover their basic costs like wages for helpers for now?
I'm willing to give $10 a week now towards the lunches we will have in the future. Just a suggestion.
jeffnml@gmail.com

Our caterer Empty Rotarian

Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:38 pm
Mete, great to see your concern which I too thought of. Susan Borowicz of Trends Catering has been our club's caterer for many, many years and for years had the reputation as providing the best lunch of any Rotary clubs. I think our Board has been in contact with her if only to cancel having her meals for the time being. Maybe this subject has surfaced at the board level. Our concern of course is to be of help if we can as a club, given our club's traditional way to help others is through grants. Having said that, there could be members like you who would like to help and your generous spirit and offer might spur others who can do the same. Let's hope the Board can discuss how to provide the mechanics. Or even perhaps a one time "gratuity" as we have done in years past (over Christmas holiday...did we this past Dec?).
Admin
Admin
https://rcsebastopol.forumotion.com

Our caterer Empty Re: Our caterer

Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:06 am
The board has brought this up and will again. To date, no action. The board is meeting more frequently during these changing times. Yes, thanks for bringing this concern up!
Sponsored content

Our caterer Empty Re: Our caterer

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum